Choosing 1 most likely.
1. Analyse in detail the coverage of a single story, comprising of text and images, in two contrasting newspapers or magazines, one of which should be a South East Asian publication. Compare and contrast the techniques used and the target market for each example.
Now that I've actually read the question for like 37 times, I'm starting to not get it.
Coverage of a single story.
Coverage on a particular news?
Ex: MH370
Coverage on a story?
Ex: Bullying
Looking for the same story from two contrasting newspaper may be harder as compared to searching for the same news. Except if you could get 2 different story but of the single coverage then that's a totally different story. Which brings to another question, does anything from Star Two counts?
Contrasting newspapers
How contrasting should it be? If it's newspaper, should it be a comparison of two totally different country?
Ex: Malaysia (Stars Newspaper) with America (New York Times) OR Malaysia (Berita Harian) with America (New York Times)
Or could it be from the same country but of two newspaper which targets two totally different groups?
Ex: Berita Harian with Stars Newspaper. (Malaysia)
Contrasting Magazines
Same question. Two totally different magazines of different country? In which in this case makes the whole question a whole lot harder since online magazines which features full unpaid articles are pretty rare. I'm sorry I'm poor.
Two different magazines of 2 different category?
Ex: Food magazine with Science magazine (Possibilities of finding the same story sure is hard but not impossible)
I may have dissected this question a week too late but yeah, research links, references and insights will be posted after the tutorial next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment